Atletico Madrid Vs. Chelsea
02-23-21, 09:00 PM
Arena National, Bucharest.
The Home team’s form has deserted them of late, with Diego Simeone’s side managing just one win in their last four. The 2-0 loss to Levante last time out was their first defeat at the Wanda Metropolitano since falling 1-0 to Barcelona back in December 2019.
Chelsea on the other hand was held to a 1-1 draw at Southampton in Saturday’s early Premier League kick-off, conceding their first goal to an opposition player since the change of manager at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea is unbeaten since Tuchel took charge of the west London side, and did secure a 2-1 win at Atletico the last time these two met in Spain back in 2017.
Chelsea’s form is much better coming into this tie, but Atletico has always been a thorn in their flesh and notoriously difficult to break down. Even without key defenders Jose Gimenez and Kieran Trippier, the home side should have enough to hold the Blues in Bucharest.
- Atletico Madrid is without a clean sheet in seven straight matches.
- Atletico Madrid drew in four of their six group stage matches.
- Atletico Madrid are winless in their last two home matches.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last eight matches since the change of manager.
- Chelsea has registered three straight away wins in Champions League.
PREDICTION: 1X and Under 4.5 goals